Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Big News

Three years ago when Chad started running, biking and then swimming. I thought he was N.U.T.S. Well, more nuts than I already knew him to be. KIDDING.

The thought of running was enough to break me out in a cold sweat. Have I mentioned my feelings on sweat? We don't get along and I shudder at the thought of it. Sweat and running were good buddies in my mind and because I don't care for one, the other was definitely never going to happen.

Until a month ago. I was feeling guilty about not exercising enough and let's face it, at 35 I needed to be doing more. So I had been thinking that I would get serious about walking. I will even go as far as to say I entertained the idea of running, but that was about it.

About a week or so later, Chad called me from the office. He said he had been thinking about how he was doing the Ironman Augusta in September and even though he was signed up for the Battlefield Marathon in November he felt like it was too close to the Ironman. He didn't want to waste his registration fee, so he asked me if I would train and run the half marathon with him.

I said yes. Within five minutes I had agreed to run 13.1 miles. What was I thinking!!!

We are four weeks into training and so far so good. (I think, ask my trainer for the real story!) I finished my fourth 2 mile run last tonight. To be honest, I'm in shock! Saturday will be my first 3 mile run.

Because I've never used the Performance Elite line of AdvoCare products, I feel like I'm being introduced to a whole new host of products. For the last three runs, I have taken two Nighttime Recovery at bedtime. Each time, I have felt SO much better in the morning! And for someone who suffers from arthritis, I think it says a LOT to be able to run two miles then get up without stiffness the next morning.



You can read more about this product HERE.

We are around 94 days until The Chickamauga Battlefield Half Marathon. 94 DAYS!! I know that with a lot of prayer, serious training and some help from AdvoCare products like Nighttime Recovery, I will finish those 13.1 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment