Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Stephanie's Journal Day 2

May 18, 2010

Day 2.

Another day and still feeling strong. Once again, I had oatmeal for breakfast and much to my surprise, was "full" way before I was done.

I have already had 48 ounces of water and working on my next 16 ounces. My goal is to finish this 16 and then get one more 16 ounce bottle in today.

After breakfast and quiet time with the Lord, I spent an hour exercising. It was a combination of yoga and some "fun" exercise with the Wii Fit Plus. I'm struggling with the Shred right now. I seem to be getting a killer headache when I do it, so I'm just finding other ways to get some exercise in.

Tonight, I plan to take a walk while my girls are in karate. Should be able to get in a couple of miles while they are in class.

My Blackberry reminded me at 11:00 to take my 30 min. before lunch packet. I did, but lunch was ready before that 30 minutes was up. I was halfway through my tuna on whole wheat before I realized it. I had only waited 15 minutes. I waited until I completed my meal before I took the "with lunch" packet.

I was hungry at lunchtime today, and ate my entire sandwich. And a SMALL serving of chips. Bad I know. But I didn't go crazy.

I'll just be real honest and say that while I want to drop these 10 pounds, when it comes to diet/exercise I have never ever been this strict with myself. This is new territory for me and I'm asking God to help me NOT obsess over this. I know what a healthy weight is for my height and that is where I want to be.

Okay, the rest of the day:

I'm planning on having a Strawberry Slam around 1:30 or 2:00, IF the girls and I don't make peach smoothies for an afternoon treat.

Dinner tonight will be homemade soup and cheese toast. (On whole wheat bread)

I'll go ahead and say that we will probably have a special treat (aka dessert), during American Idol tonight. My portion will just be smaller than what I would normally eat. :)

After two days, I feel good. Still encouraged and excited to be working toward my goal. I know that this is the start of a lifestyle change for me. I'm serious about becoming healthier. After all, we are only given one body, one life. There are things I want to do and things God has planned for me to do. I want to be a good steward of this body and my life so that I can accomplish those things. It's not about being thin, this journey is about being healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment